Sunday, June 18, 2017

Subjugation of Women

I’ve noticed that as the years go by I am exposed to more and more people who, for one reason
or another, seem to cling to the idea that it is correct to subjugate women. One area that this is especially evident is the idea that women are less than and are somehow unable to do or are unfit for certain roles and responsibilities in the Kingdom of God. I first encountered this type of mindset talking with a coworker one day. “My daughter needs to leave her church!” they told me. Intrigued, I asked, “Why?” “Because,” they told me, “they’re letting a woman speak during service! Next thing you know, they’ll take her good Christian church and throw it on its head!” Colorful metaphors aside, I’ve heard several people voice a similar opinion... read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment